Wednesday 2 March 2016

Take Off...

There's something fascinating about sitting on a plane: strapped in: the next destination is the one you've paid to go to: HOLIDAYS start now!
The plane taxis off slowly, emptying it's parking bay, and heads off to its designated runway. The anticipation grows: my excitement is overwhelming!
There's silence as the plane prepares. The pilot and co-pilot are processing their final checks. Then, the engines fire up to full throttle, the plane moves forwards gaining tremendous speed. I am propelled against my seat ready for the nose to lift moving faster and faster along the runway. As the planes speeds my weight is pressed heavier into my seat. The nose lifts. I feel weightless, as I lift off into the sky leaving land below.
The plane powers upwards before finally levelling out, the seat belt sign is switched off, and I relax into my flight. Book out. Writing to do. It's an excellent feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment