Sunday 6 March 2016

EasyJet versus Ryanair

I am a traveller by heart and love going to places: whether it be new or repeat destinations.
I have the fortune presently of flying to these wonderful places by the UK's low budget airlines. I can easily travel to all the Airports within England and Scotland in order to get these cheap fares. And, with having a parent living in Italy I am able to fly frequently.
I use both EasyJet and Ryanair, all dependant on who is offering the cheapest fare and my preferred time to travel.

EasyJet  (www.easyjet.com)
I fly less frequently with this Airline. It has improved somewhat over the years, but it's distinctive orange exterior is easily recognisable.
Their travel allowance is one baggage. I opted for two: both of which were under the advised guidelines, and thankfully, was able to board unchallenged, phew! I was fortunate to fit my carry on luggage in the overhead lockers and place my handbag under the seat in front of me.
I boarded quickly using their online booking requirements.
The seats were small and cramped, but I was able to sit ok with my five foot 7 inch height.

Ryanair (www.ryanair.com)
I fly more frequently with this Airline due my mum's location in Italy and Ryanair offering these destinations. Again, it's colouring and harp design is distinguishable.
This Airline now benefits with pre-booked seating when checking in online. Thankfully, there is now a more orderly way to queue to board.
Their carry on luggage requirements are bigger, being able to have a handbag and carry on. The carry on luggage is stowed in the overhead luggage racks and my handbag under the seat in front of me.
The room of seats appear bigger and I have a comfortable flight.
However, it is spoilt by their numerous constant announcements that can be lengthy.
Once landed people will clap, completely unnecessary. Also, when the flight is on time or early there's an annoying announcement telling you so! So frustrating and pathetic!
Ryanair can have their airports miles away from the city you fly to, so extra consideration is required.

Both Airlines have made travel to Europe affordable and accessible. Neither my husband and I pay for the priority boarding, extra leg room or have an award system. We don't see the point.

Pre-booking seats has made life easier and more relaxing. Although the luggage space is still a worry and fight over.

We will continue to use both Airlines purely for their cheapness of the cost of the flights. And, we're both happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment