Monday 1 May 2017

Conversation

Writing prompt: write a story only through conversation

Shelley: Here, Stacey, look at this? Can you believe what Charlotte’s done? OMG silly cow! Let’s put this up.

Stacey: Why, what’s she done now?

Shelley: You went with Troy earlier and a book fell out of her bag. When she went down the corridor. I picked it up. It was her diary!

Stacey: Alright Shell tell me.

Shelley: Alright! Alright! Here it is… Word for word. No lyin’! She's such a posh cow!
“Oh my goodness, I feel like crying. I want to cry. I just have to. I sat with Shelley, Stacey, and the Gang in maths, and they do not listen. They always act the fool and be silly. It’s not funny. I really do not like them at all. Today, they answered back to Mr. Thompson saying he was wrong with this times table. They thought it was hilarious. They kept telling him he was wrong. Then, they started on me. I don’t know why. They said I had a big backside and looked funny. That really hurt. All because I rolled my eyes at them. I mean, they don’t take school seriously. It is serious and important. Education is important.”
Can you believe it?

Stacey: OMG she’s tight. She’s so stuck up. She needs a shag. Seriously, Shell, where does she get this crap? She’s gotta lighten up.

Shelley: I know. Wait, there’s more…
“I am so in love with Dale. He’s so dreamy.”

Stacey: Dale Smith? Not that geek with the cracked glasses? Surely not!

Shelley: I know. It’s mad.
“The way he talks. He’s so phwaor! I could hug him, kiss him all over. But, I know he won’t be interested in me. He’s so dreamy. And talented! I know I'll have dreams about him tonight. We’ll get married under the blue sky by the sea with the grains of sand tickling our bare feet, with our hands together gazing into eachothers’ eyes as we say our vows. Oh, I do like him a lot.”
Can you believe this shit!

Stacey: Yuck. Where’s she getting this stuff. She’s so sick!

Shelley: I know. Should we say summut? To Dale?

Stacey: Yeah! We got English with him tomorra. How about we get this printed out and up in class?

Shelley: Yeah! I’ll do it. See ya tomorra Stacey.

Stacey: Yeah, see ya!

Shelley: Hey Charlotte, here’s your diary back!

Charlotte: Oh no! Where did you get that?

Shelley: Fell outta ya bag. Stacey was snogging Ty and I seen it fall outta ya bag.

Charlotte: It did not! My bag is always closed. You pinched it! That’s terrible! You are a liar, give it to me.

Shelley: Here it is. Hey Day-elle, someone fancies ya!

Charlotte: You read my diary? You read it? How could you?

Shelley: Hey Day-elle, want to know who it is?

Stacey: Hey Shell. Leave Dale alone, this ain’t fair!

Shelley: You agreed last night Stace. We took the piss outta her, remember?

Stacey: Yeah we did, but I’ve bin thinkin’. This ain’t right Shell. Give it a rest. Enough is enough. Leave Charlotte alone?

Shelley: You cow! I’m gonna get ya later. You are my best friend. At Least, I thought you are! I’ll remember this. I’ll get ya. Have this, this fist in ya face!

Charlotte: Shelley, no! Don’t do it!

Stacey: Ow! Shell. What was that for?

Charlotte: I hope you are proud of yourself, Shelley! You really are a bully! Look, your own best friend! Happy now? A cruel, manipulative bully! All my life you have bullied me. Well, I am not taking it anymore. Here, you have my fist in your face. See how you like it…! See! Not so tough now, are you? Look at you! Crying like a baby! All that tough exterior all gone. Well, you can keep it. I am so much bigger and better than you. I am not going to waste any more of my time with you. You can keep your nastiness and get lost!

Stacey: Come on Charlotte, let’s get out of here!

Shelley: What are you doing Stace?

Stacey: First, I’m gonna get this lip seen to. And, you should get looked at too. You’re a right state. Then, I’m off to Charlotte’s house.

Shelley: What? I don’t get it?

Stacey: C’on Shell, you are a bully. After what you did yesterday, last night was mean. You never take anyone’s diary, let alone read it! I have a diary and no-one is going to read mine. I talked to my ma and what you did ain’t right, Shelley. I rang Charlotte, after speaking to ma, and told her what we were planning. It’s mean Shelley. Charlotte told me everything. Everything you’ve done to her. For years! It ain’t right. It ain’t big. It ain’t clever. You’re a bully. I never knew what you did some of them. I never knew. Aren't you ashamed?

Shelley: B...B...But! But, you don’t understand. I didn’t mean it. It was a laugh.

Stacey: That’s even worse!

Shelley: I dunno. It was a laugh. I was bored. You joined in too? It ain’t all my fault. You laughed and joined in too! You helped me.

Stacey: Yes, I did. But not some of the other stuff you did!

Charlotte: You see Shelley, Stacey came to me and told me everything. We had a really good chat. She apologised. You know, she said sorry. We talked for hours last night. Saying sorry and opening up to it all seemed, I don’t know, seemed to help me.

Stacey: I did some terrible things! And, you did too Shelley. I said sorry for the ones I did with you. But, I didn’t know you did more. And, I kinda believe Charlotte. Especially after we did some cruel stuff. But, to do more. Stacey, you’re disgusting. There’s no point crying.

Shelley: No, Stace, no. Come back. Don’t leave me. I … I … I … I don’t know what to do?

Charlotte: I’m sorry Stacey, she was you best friend.

Stacey: She still is, Charlotte. She needed someone to tell her. I suppose I’ve bin blockin’ it all away. We grew up togevver. Ya nar! We were inseparable. But, since her ma went off with Stu, Shelley changed. Her brothers nicked off too. They left. She was on her own. We bonded even more. But, lately, I suppose I’ve only jus’ realised. Ya nar, we all have skeletons hidden. We all have problems to overcome. Shelley is bad, I ain’t gonna excuse tha’, but she’s soft underneath and all heart. She really cares for me. Ma told me I really ought ta help her. And, I will.

Charlotte: How will you do that?

Stacey: I’ll be there. I ain’t gonna leave her. She needs me now more than eva. We’re locked mates. Ain’t no key gonna set us free. We laughed about that. We had good times. Shes needs guidance.

Charlotte: So, you’ll both bullying me and leave me alone?

Stacey: Yep, we sure will, Charlie. We sure will. And we’ll even hang out togevver. But, give it time. Shelley will come round. I’ll make sure of that.

Charlotte: Come on, let’s go and see how she is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment