Monday 10 April 2017

Memory

It takes me back,
Back into another world.
A world of forgotten memories,
Memories come flooding back,
Back into this life of mine.
Mine is what you were to me.
Me and you driving.
Driving down memory lane.
Memory lane I remember clearly.
Clearly, but I feel fuzzy,
Fuzzy I cannot see,
See into the other world:
World of many memories.
Memories I fail to see,
See into another life,
Life taken away from me.
Me became me and you.
You left because you were scared,
Scared of a family.
Family is a big word.
A big word that wouldn't put me off.
Off into another world,
World of memory.
Memory of a different outcome.
Outcome would've still been the same;
Same me and you.
You would've pulled through,
Through into a world.
A world where you belong.
Belong to me;
Me and you; forever.
Forever in my mind,
Mindful as I sit here.
Here in an old folk's home.
Home is a million miles away.
Away in my memory;
My memory of you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment